Wisconsin Governor Polls: The Wisconsin Governor Race is headed for a close finish. As per the latest Wisconsin Governor Prediction undecided voters to decide the outcome of the race.
Tim Michels Polls (Average of last 3 Polls): Tony Evers: 48%, Tim Michels: 47%
Latest Wisconsin Governor Race Polls 2022: Tony Evers: 50%, Tim Michels: 50%
Wisconsin Governor Prediction: Toss Up
Google Search Share (7 Days Average): Tim Michels: 40%, Tony Evers: 60%
Social Media Sentiment: Tony Evers: -23.4%, Tim Michels: -40.8%
Crowdwisdom360 Prediction: Considering the polls and also taking into consideration both Google Search Trends and Net Social Media Sentiment, we predict the election to be a toss-up as of now.
Wisconsin is one of the 5 states that Joe Biden flipped in the 2020 Presidential election. Biden won Wisconsin by less than a percent. In 2016, Donald Trump was ahead of Hillary Clinton by 1% in Wisconsin. Thanks to Dane and Milwaukee counties, Joe Biden pulled off a narrow win in Wisconsin.
On August 9th primary elections for the Wisconsin Governor Race were held. The incumbent Governor Tony Evers had no challenge and has been nominated as Democratic Party’s candidate for the November election unopposed.
For the GOP nomination, the fight was between, Trump-endorsed Tim Michels and Mike Pence-endorsed Rebecca Kleefisch. Tim Michels won the Primary election by a margin of 5%. He will be facing Tony Evers in the General election.
The General election for Wisconsin Governor Race is scheduled for November 8th, 2022.
Wisconsin Governor Debate: When and How Many?
The two candidates for the office of Wisconsin Governor, Tony Evers, and Tim Michels have agreed to just one debate. The Wisconsin Governor Race is closer than expected yet the candidates will debate only once.
Since 1998, this will be the fewest number of debates taking place between the Govenro candidates in Wisconsin.
The Wisconsin Governor Debate is scheduled for October 14th, 7 PM. The debate is expected to be just for an hour.
Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022: Prediction Table
|Who is Leading?|
|Google Search||Tim Michels|
|Social Media Sentiment||Tony Evers|
Wisconsin Governor Race Polls: Voting Pattern
The Wisconsin Governor Race has tightened between Tim Michels and the incumbent Governor Tony Evers. The polls have the incumbent Tony Evers ahead of Tim Michels. Here is how Wisconsin may vote in the upcoming Wisconsin Governor Polls:
1. Wisconsin is a highly White Dominated state with over 80% of the White Population. The white voters have mainly been Republican voters and if Tim Michels is able to play his cards well, he may be able to win the Wisconsin Governor Race. Tim Michels has good support among the White Voters. He leads Evers by 50-48% but among the non-White voters, Tony Evers leads by 61-34%.
2. Rural voters are in a large number backing Tim Michels while in suburbs both Tim Michels and Tony Evers have equal support bases. The urban voters support Tony Evers for the office of Governor.
3. Among the college graduates, Tony Evers enjoys 55% support while Tim Michels has only 43% support. Non-college graduates most support Tim Michels.
4. The young voters are mostly rallying behind Tony Evers while the older voters prefer Tim Michels over Tony Evers.
5. In Google Trends, the search volume for Tim Michels has been much higher than the incumbent Tony Evers. The situation rarely happens when the search volume of the incumbent Governor is much lower than his challenger.
6. One factor that favors Tony Evers over Tim Michels is the net sentiment. The net sentiment of both the candidates is negative but the sentiments for Tim Michels is highly negative as compared to that of Tony Evers.
Wisconsin Governor Polls 2022: Latest Polls
|Date(s)||Evers (D)||Michels (R)||Undecided|
|Average of Polls||October 10th||48%||47%||8%|
|CBS News||Oct 3-7||50%||50%||0%|
|Public Policy Polling||Sept 26–27||48%||46%||3%|
|Fox News||Sept 22–26||47%||47%||7%|
Wisconsin Governor Prediction
The Wisconsin Governor Polls have shown a very close fight between incumbent Tony Evers and Tim Michels. The Wisconsin Governor’s Prediction also predicts a close fight with both Evers and Michels having an equal chance.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: Some Insights and Observations
1. Despite the Democratic Party trying to bank on the issue of abortion law, the main issue concerning the people of Wisconsin is inflation which is followed by Gun Violence and Crime. Abortion Law is fourth in the list of concerns of the people of Wisconsin.
2. Majority of the voters would choose to vote for Republicans in the Congress election. This was found in the recent survey On Message survey.
3. Donald Trump is not very popular in the state as his unfavorability rate stands at 57% as of now. Among the independents, over 60% don’t want to see him as President in 2024.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: Google Trends
Google Search Volume: The neck-to-neck fight between Tony Evers and Tim Michels can be seen also in the Google Search Volume. Both candidates have somewhat equal search volumes.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: Net Social Media Sentiments
Social Media Sentiment: The social media sentiment for both Tim Michels and Tony Evers is negative. In the last 7 days, the sentiments of both Evers and Michels have worsened but Tony Evers has slightly better sentiment as compared to that of Tim Michels.
Wisconsin Governor Race Polls: Latest Videos
Wisconsin Governor Race Polls: Twitter Campaign
Wisconsin Governor Race Polls: Primary Election Data and Information
Who were the candidates in the Primary Election?
- Rebecca Kleefisch, former Lieutenant Governor
- Tim Michels, Nominee for U.S. Senate in 2004
- Timothy Ramthun, a state assemblyman from the 59th district
- Tony Evers, incumbent Governor
- Job Edmond Hou-Seye, former alderman of Sheboygan
What was the Prediction by the Opinion Polls?
Result of the Wisconsin Primary Election
Tony Evers (incumbent)
The incumbent Governor Tony Evers had no challenger in the primary election.
Trump-endorsed Tim Michels won the GOP Primary race.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: What Happened in Last Governor Election?
The last Wisconsin Governor election was held in 2018 and the office of Governor was held by the Republican Scott Walker. The election was closely fought and even on the night of the election, the result was too close to call.
However, after the result was declared, Wisconsin became the only state to elect a Democrat as a Governor in 2018. Tony Evers won the election by a margin of 1.1%. He received 49.5% vote share while Scott Walker got 48.4% vote share.
2022 Wisconsin Governor Race: Voting age Racial Demographics
As per the latest Census, Racial demographics for Wisconsin Stand as-
Wisconsin has been a Swing State with ten Electoral Votes. The badger State has Remained undecided Many times, in 2016 it preferred Republicans by just 1 percent, but in 2020 Biden pulled out a win with a Slightest of Margin.
Wisconsin Governor Polls: How did the State Vote in the 2020 Presidential Election?
Biden won Wisconsin by a slim margin of 0.7% vote share. Trump polled a total of 48.9% votes while Biden received 49.6% of the total votes. In 2016 Trump won the state by a 1% margin. Biden won in Wisconsin by 20,565 votes.
Wisconsin has 72 counties and the Republicans in 2020 were ahead in 58 counties but the election result was decided by the 14 counties where the Democrats were ahead.
Biden flipped Door county which was won by Trump in 2016. However, the counties deciding the result of the 2020 election were Dane County and Milwaukee. In Dane, Democrats lead the Republicans by nearly 200,000 while in Milwaukee, in 2016 Clinton got slightly over 288,000 votes. But in 2020, the Democrats polled over 317,000 votes. Trump’s votes too increased in Milwaukee but the increase was minor to what Biden gained.
Read: 2022 Wyoming House Race Polls