Michigan Governor Race Polls: Trump-endorsed Tudor Dixon won the GOP Primary but the General election prediction for Michigan is not in her favor. Gretchen Whitmer is set to return as Governor of Michigan once again.
Michigan Governor Polls (Average of last 2 Polls): Tudor Dixon: 38%, Gretchen Whitmer: 53%.
Latest Michigan Governor Race Polls: Tudor Dixon: 32%, Gretchen Whitmer: 50%.
Google Search Share (Last 7 Days Average): Tudor Dixon: 81%, Gretchen Whitmer: 19%
Social Media Sentiment: Tudor Dixon: -39.7%, Gretchen Whitmer: -38.3%
Crowdwisdom360 Prediction: Despite Trump’s endorsement for Tudor Dixon winning the Michigan Governor Race could be highly difficult. The poll numbers are not in her favor and the Roe V Wade Issue has taken become the central theme of the election. We predict the return of Gretchen Whitmer as Governor of Michigan.
When is the Michigan Governor’s Race 2022?
The 2022 Gubernatorial Election in Michigan is set to take place on November 8th, 2022. Incumbent Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D) is up against Trump-endorsed Tudor Dixon.
Michigan Governor Race 2022 Predictions Table
|Who is Leading?|
|Google Search Volume Share||Tudor Dixon|
|Social Media Net Sentiment||Gretchen Whitmer|
Tudor Dixon makes a campaign stop at Holland restaurant that defied state COVID-19 orders
Michigan Governor Race Polls: Major Issues Of Michigan Voters
- 1. Roe V Wade decision: The latest survey shows that addressing the abortion issue after the Rae v Wade decision has become the major concern of Michigan Voters. For Republicans, this will be a major concern.
- 2. Education: Improving the quality of education is the second most important priority for the citizens of Michigan.
- 3. Infrastructure Development particularly upgrading the roads, and railways, and also improving the drinking water problems occupies the 3rd major concern of the voters.
- 4. Government Expenditure: The voters of Michigan also want the state expenditure to be lowered.
- Apart from these Gun Violence, affordable healthcare, etc. are also part of the major concerns of the voters of Michigan.
Observations and Insights
- Joe Biden remains to be very unpopular among the voters of Michigan and Governor Whitmer is simply outperforming him in Michigan. Her approval rating stands at 47% against Biden’s rating which is just 30%.
- Gretchen Whitmer is, however, performing badly with respect to e Michigan economy and the employment situation. Her approval rating is just 37%.
- In a recent poll by Fabrizio and Lee, Governor Whitmer led amongst women by 17% points While Tudor Dixon led amongst men and those without a college degree. Whitmer led by 7% among Independent voters
- 21% of voters have a neutral image of Tudor Dixon and 55% think Michigan is headed in the wrong direction. This offers Tudor Dixon an opportunity to bridge the current polling gap with Governor Whitmer
- Tudor Dixon has an uphill task winning female voters who are turned off by the SCOTUS decision to overturn Roe vs Wade. According to the Blueprint poll, a majority of voters in Michigan oppose the recent decision by the SCOTUS to overturn Roe vs Wade. 51% of voters in Michigan are women.
Michigan Governor Race Polls: Tudor Dixon vs Whitmer Polls
|Average of Polls||October 6th|
|Gretchen Whitmer (D)||53%|
|Tudor Dixon (R)||38%|
|The Glengariff Group||September 29th|
|Trafalgar group||September 28th|
|EPIC MRA||September 19th|
Michigan Governor Race Polls: Past Election Statistics
Michigan Governor Race Polls: Google Search Volumes
Google Search Volume: The Google Search volume for Tudor Dixon has been higher than Gretchen Whitmer even before Dixon won the Primary race. However, as we move closer to the election, the search volume for Tudor Dixon has skyrocketed.
2022 Michigan Governor Race Polls: Net Social Media Sentiments
Social Media Sentiment: Both Tudor Dixon and Gretchen Whitmer have negative social media sentiments. However, the social media sentiment for Whitmer is marginally better than that of Dixon’s.
Gretchen Whitmer vs. Kevin Rinke
Michigan Governor Race Polls: Latest Videos
Michigan Governor Polls: Latest Tweets
Michigan Governor Polls: Data and Information of Primary Election
On August 3rd, the primary election for the Michigan Governor election concluded and Tudor Dixon won the GOP Primary election. She will be facing the incumbent Governor Gretchen Whitmer for the Office of Governor in November 2022. The result of the GOP Primary election:
Michigan Governor Polls: Polling Average Last 3 elections and Result
In the last 3 Governor elections, Michigan has witnessed a Republican Governor twice and the Democratic Governor once. Therefore, Michigan can very much be regarded as a swing state. The last three Governor elections in Michigan were held in the year 2010, 2014, and 2018. Here are the details about the last 3 Governor elections held in Michigan:
Michigan Governor Election 2022 Polls: 2018 Michigan Governor Election: The last Governor election in Michigan was held on November 6th 2018. Incumbent Republican Governor Rick Snyder was term-limited and was unable to seek a third term in office. Bill Schuette was the Republican Nominee for the General election. Gretchen Whitmer won the Democratic Party’s Primary election.
The polls for the election highly favor Gretchen over the GOP candidate. She maintained 8-10% lead over Bill Schuette in almost all the polls. The election result was in line with the poll. Gretchen Whitmer won the election by 10%. She received a total of 53.3% vote share while her GOP Rival candidate got only 43.8% vote share. Gretchen Whitmer went on to become Governor of Michigan.
Michigan Governor Election 2022 Polls: 2014 Michigan Governor Election: On November 4th, 2014, Michigan voted to elect its new Governor. The incumbent Governor Rick Snyder ran for re-election to a second term in office. Mark Schauer was on the ballot as a Democratic nominee. The polls for the election showed a very close fight between Snyder and Mark Schauer. Three of the last 5 polls showed the election heading for a tie while in two polls, Snyder had only 1 point lead over Schauer.
The election result was a close one but it was not as close as reflected in the polls. Governor Rick Snyder won the election polling 50.9% vote share. His Democratic rival Mark Schauer received a 46.9% vote share. Rick Snyder went on to become the Governor of Michigan for the 2nd time.
Michigan Governor Election 2022 Polls: 2010 Michigan Governor Election: 2010 Michigan Governor election was for the replacement of Incumbent Democratic Governor Jennifer Granholm who was term-limited and was unable to seek a third term in office.
On the Democratic ballot was Virg Bernero while he was up against the GOP candidate Rick Snyder. After 8 years of the Democratic Party’s rule, most of the polls gave an easy win for the Republican Rick Snyder. He was ahead of Virg Bernero by around 15-20% in almost all the polls.
The election result was a reflection of the poll. Rick Snyder won the election by polling 58.1% of the total votes while Virg Bernero got only 39.9% vote share. Rick Snyder won the election by nearly 20% and after 8 years a Republican was back in the Governor’s office as a Governor of Michigan.
2022 Michigan Governor Polls: Candidate Endorsements
1. Gretchen Whitmer (D)
- 314 Action
- American Federation of Teachers
- EMILY’s List
- Human Rights Campaign
- Jewish Democratic Council of America
- United Auto Workers
2. Tudor Dixon (R)
- American Conservative Union
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan
- Right to Life of Michigan Political Action Committee
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Bill Huizenga, U.S. Representative for Michigan’s 2nd congressional district (2011–present)
- Lisa McClain, U.S. Representative for Michigan’s 10th congressional district (2021–present)
- Mike Shirkey, Majority Leader of the Michigan Senate (2019–present)
- Former Governor John Engler
Who is Running Against Whitmer in 2022?
Governor Gretchen Whitmer is running for re-election to a second term. Republican Tudor Dixon is ahead in the GOP Primary Polls. She may be the probable candidate running against Whitmer in 2022.
Michigan Governor Polls: Detailed Candidate Profile
Tudor Dixon is one of the candidates in the upcoming GOP Primary election. Professionally she is a businesswoman who had worked in Michigan’s steel industry throughout the early 2000s. She used to look after the industrial sale of heavy equipment to be used in the agriculture, automotive, and energy sectors. Dixon is also a famous TV personality and has been seen in the role of News Anchor in America’s Voice News.
Tudor has a degree in Psychology and is a mother of 4 daughters. She had to pause her professional life after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
In 2019 she cofounded Lumen Student News and from there she started voicing for the Republican Party. In May 2021 she declared that she will be running for the office of the Governor of Michigan and vowed to unseat Gretchen Whitmer.
2022 Michigan Governor Polls: Demographics
As per the latest 2020 Census Figures, the demographics of the state are as follows:
White votes remain a large majority and it’s the same case in both parties’ primaries. Black voters remain a crucial voting bloc for Democrats and they need to ensure Detroit is high, although the city has been hemorrhaging population for decades.
Oakland and Washtenaw County are especially important for Democrats, the latter is home to Ann Arbor and netted the party over 100,000 votes in the 2020 presidential election Meanwhile Grand Rapids and its metro area have been a bright spot for Democrats.
Biden won Grand Rapid’s county of Kent by the largest margin of any Democrat nominee since 1964 when Lyndon B. Johnson won a landslide. Republicans tend to do best in rural areas, white working-class counties in Macomb as well as the “thumb” area in the south-east of the state.