Illinois Governor Polls 2022: JB Pritzker(D) leads Darren Bailey(R) by 9 points in the upcoming Illinois Governor Race
Illinois Governor Polls (Average): JB Pritzker: 48%, Darren Bailey: 39%
Google Search Share: JB Pritzker: 62%, Darren Bailey: 38%
Social Media Net Sentiments: JB Pritzker: -32.9%, Darren Bailey: -28.1%
When Is the Illinois Governor Election?
On Tuesday, November 8th, 2022, the state of Illinois will vote to elect a Governor for the next 4 years. Incumbent Governor Pritzker (D) faces Republican Darren Bailey.
|Who is Leading?||Who is Gaining?|
|Polls||JB Pritzker||Darren Bailey|
|Google Search Share||JB Pritzker||Pritzker|
|Social Media Sentiment||Darren Bailey||Pritzker|
Illinois Governor Election: Latest Insights
- As per the Latest Polls, Google Search Data, and Social Media data, JB Pritzker is predicted to win the upcoming Illinois Governor Race scheduled on November 8th.
- Who won the first debate? Publicly available data indicates that Governor Pritzker won the first debate – Increased the share of google searches, and improved social media perceptions.
- How well did JB Pritzker perform in the last 4 years?
- In January 2019, Illinois had 6.3 Million employed and an unemployment rate of 4.5% (300k Unemployed). In August 2022, Illinois had 6.2 Million employed with an unemployment rate of 4.5% (290k Unemployed). That is a reduction of about 15k employees. During this period the population of Illinois fell by 100k.
- Illinois’ per capita income rose from $56.5k to $67.2k, which is a growth of 19%. This is close to the National average.
- Homicide Mortality rose from 8 to 11.2 between 2018 and 2020. That is above the national average.
- Overall, the performance is what we would classify as average. As a consequence, Pritzker’s NET approval rating stands at +7% with 51% approving of his performance and 44% disapproving of his performance.
- How well is Pritzker performing across different voting segments?
- Unlike other Democrats, J B Pritzker leads Darren Bailey among both Men and women by about 10 points
- Darren Bailey has a marginal edge over J B Pritzker among white voters. 47% of white voters support Darren Bailey while 42% support JB Pritzker. However, Black voters are solidly behind the Democrats. JB Pritzker has the support of 75% of the Black Voters while Bailey has the support of only 12% of Black voters.
- Amongst suburban voters, Pritzker has a massive lead of 61 points in Chicago. However, in the rest of the suburbs, Bailey is ahead of Pritzker but the lead is not as big as that of Pritzker in Chicago.
- Election Strategies
- With Darren Bailey picking some momentum, Governor Pritzker has gone on the attack on the issue of abortion rights. Bailey opposes Taxpayer-funded abortions.
- He has also defended the upcoming Bail abolishment law (SAFE-T Act) saying many did not understand how it worked and that he was open to changes in the wording if required.
- During the debate, Bailey targeted Pritzker on the issue of running for the Presidency in 2024. While Pritzker claimed he will serve his 4 years as Governor, numerous conservative commenters felt that the phrasing could imply he would consider running for the Presidency if Biden wasn’t in 2024.
Illinois Governor Polls: General Election Polls
|Average of all Polls||October 7th|
|Darren Bailey (R)||39%|
|JB Pritzker (B)||48%|
|Fabrizio Lee and Associates(R)||September 27th|
|Emerson College||September 23rd|
|Osage Research||September 10th|
Explore other Popular Mid-Term Elections
Illinois Governor Election Polls 2022: Google Search Share
Last 7 days
- Darren Bailey: 38%
- Pritzker: 62%
Illinois Governor Race: Net Social Media Sentiment
Last 7 days
- Bailey: -28.1%
- Pritzker: -32.9%
Illinois Gubernatorial Race: Latest Videos
Illinois Governor Polls 2022: Latest Tweets
Illinois Governor Polls 2022: Joe Biden Approval Rating
Joe Biden’s approval Ratings are in shambles all over the country. The latest approval rating of Joe Biden in Illinois is 43% while 56% of the population of Illinois does not approve of the working of Joe Biden.
Of 43%, 16% strongly approve of Biden’s work while 26% somewhat approve of Biden’s work. Talking about disapproval, 47% of the population, strongly disapproves of Joe Biden’s work.
Donald Trump too has a similar approval rating in Illinois. His approval rating is 43% and 56% disapprove of his work.
Illinois Governor Polls: Polling Average Last 3 elections and Result
Illinois has mostly been a blue state with the Democratic Party dominating almost all spheres of Governance. However, in 2014, a Republican Bruce Rauner snatched a win and went on to become the Governor of Illinois. The last 3 Governor elections in Illinois were held in the years 2018, 2014, and 2010. Here are the details about the last 3 Governor elections in Illinois:
2018 Illinois Governor Race: The 2018 Illinois Governor election was a must for Democrats after they lost in the 2014 election. For the Republicans, the incumbent Governor Bruce Rauner was the candidate for the post of Governor. On the other hand, J. B. Pritzker represented the Democrats.
As for the primary was concerned, Bruce Rauner was nominated unopposed while J. B. Pritzker had to undergo the test of Primary election. J. B. Pritzker won the primary election and was declared the Democratic Party nominee for the Governor election.
The 2010 Illinois Governor election was held on November 6th, 2018. Almost all the polls predicted a win for the Democrat J. B. Pritzker. The polls predicted the winning margin to be around 15-20%. The result of the election was on par with the poll number. J. B. Pritzker registered an easy win in the election and went on to be the governor of Illinois. J. B. Pritzker got a total of 54.5% vote share while the Republican Bruce Rauner secured only 38.8% vote share. J. B. Pritzker became the 43rd Governor of Illinois.
2014 Illinois Governor Race: The 2014 Illinois Governor election was held on November 4, 2014. Incumbent Democratic Governor Pat Quinn was running for re-election to a second full term in office. As an incumbent, he had very less challenges in the primary election. He won the Democratic Party’s nomination by securing almost 72% of the total votes.
The GOP field was a bit overcrowded, but Bruce Rauner dominated the GOP Primary race from the very beginning. He won the GOP nomination by winning 40% of the total votes. His nearest GOP rival got around 38% of the total votes polled.
The General election was held between incumbent Governor Pat Quinn and the Republican nominee Bruce Rauner. The polls predicted a very close election with 4 of the last 5 polls giving the incumbent a marginal edge over Bruce Rauner.
The result of the election was the opposite of what was predicted. The Republican Bruce Rauner won the election by securing 50.3% of the total votes. The incumbent Governor Pat Quinn got 46.4% of the total votes. Bruce Rauner flipped the state and went on to become the 42nd Governor of Illinois.
2010 Illinois Governor Race: The 2010 Illinois Governor Race marked the first time since 1852 that the Democrats won three consecutive gubernatorial elections in Illinois. The election showed that Illinois was gradually turning into a strong Blue state. The 2010 election was also the first gubernatorial election since 1990 in which the winner was of the same party as the incumbent president.
The 2010 Illinois Governor election was held on November 2, 2010. The incumbent Governor Pat Quinn was up against the GOP Nominee Bill Brady. Pat Quinn despite being the incumbent had to face a very close Primary election. He won the primary election against Daniel Hynes. Daniel Hynes polled 49.54% of the total votes while Pat Quinn got 50.46% of the total votes.
Even the GOP Primary was a close one with Bill Brady winning the primary election by a narrow margin of 0.02%. Bill Brady polled 20.26% of the total votes while his closet GOP rival got 20.24% of the total votes.
For the General election, almost all the polls predicted a win for the Republican Bill Brady. However, the polls predicted the election to be close. The election result was opposite to the prediction by the polls. Pat Quinn won the election by polling 46.8% of the total votes while Bill Brady got 45.9% of the total votes. With a 0.10% win margin, Pat Quinn went on to become the 41st Governor of Illinois.
Illinois Governor Candidates 2022 Polls: Summary of Primary Election
- Darren Bailey has registered a massive victory in Illinois Governor GOP Primary Race. He was endorsed by Donald Trump.
- Even before Donald Trump endorsed Darren Bailey, he has been ahead in almost all the polls and the polls have shown the margin of a win to be around 15%.
- JB Pritzker had an easy run in Democratic Party’s Primary election.
Illinois Governor Primary Election Result
|Vote Share||Total Votes|
|Darren Bailey||57.5%||441,828 Votes|
|Richard Irvin||15%||115,130 Votes|
|Jesse Sullivan||15.7%||121,005 Votes|
|Vote Share||Total Votes|
|JB Pritzker||91.8%||731,736 Votes|
|Beverley Miles||8.2%||65,585 Votes|
IL Governor Race Polls: Demographic Analysis
The total population of Illinois is around 12,812,508. Overall, 58.3% of Illinois’ population is white alone, 13.9% is Black alone, 18.2% is Hispanic or Latino and 5.8% is Asian. Illinois is one of three states to lose population between 2010 and 2020.
|Hispanic or Latino||18.2%|
Illinois Governor Polls: What Happened in the Last Illinois Governor Election?
The last Illinois Governor took place on November 6th, 2018. The incumbent Governor Bruce Rauner was against the Democratic Party’s candidate JB Pritzker. The election result came in the favor of JB Pritzker. J B Pritzker got nearly 55% of the total votes polled while the then incumbent Governor of Illinois, Bruce Rauner got around 39% vote share. JB Pritzker went on the become the new Governor of Illinois.
Illinois Governor Primary Polls: What Happened in the 2020 Presidential Election (Illinois Result)?
Illinois has been the Democratic Party’s stronghold. In 2016 Hillary Clinton won the state by a massive 16%. Hillary got nearly 56% vote share while Donald Trump received around 40% vote share. In 2020 Joe Biden extended the lead as he won by around 17% in Illinois. Around 58% of the votes were in favor of Joe Biden in 2020 while Trump got only 41% vote share in Illinois.
Key Questions about the Illinois Governor Election
As per the data by Britannica, the family worth of Pritzker exceeded $15 B in the early 21st century. This was estimated by Forbes magazine.
Illinois has been a Democratic stronghold. It can be compared to California and New York for Democrats. It is considered one of the most Democratic states in the nation and following the 2018 elections, all six statewide elected offices are held by a Democrat.
There is no limit on the number of terms a governor may serve in Illinois. However, the term of office of the governor of Illinois is 4 years which means after every 4 years, an election needs to take place to elect the new governor of Illinois.
The governors (or equivalent) in the following states, districts, and territories may serve unlimited four-year terms: Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The executive, as well as the Judicial officers in Illinois, can be impeached. However, the impeachment is carried on by the Senate.
Yes, a Governor in the United States can be impeached. As of now, there have been 15 governors in the United States who have been impeached.