RetroArch is a free, cross-platform frontend for emulators, game engines, and video games. Users can play some classic old school games on their PC or Android with the help of RetroArch emulator. In this guide, we will explain the process of setting up RetroArch on a PC or Android device.
How To Use RetroArch Emulator On PC & Android?
It can be a daunting task to use an emulator for the first time. However, once players know what to do, it can be quite simple. The method to use RetroArch Emulator varies from PC to Android. We have explained how to use the emulator on both devices below. Let us take a look.
How To Use RetroArch On A PC?
- Players must first go to the official RetroArch website and download it.
- Now, players can follow the instructions to install RetroArch on their PC.
- Once it is installed, players must open RetroArch and click on the Load Core option.
- Players can now click on Core Download to see the list of emulators on the PC and choose one.
- Now, players should go back to the main menu and select the Load Content option.
- After this players can select the ROM or ISO file of the game they want to play.
- Once this is done, players must click on Command and the Save State Options.
- Finally, players can click Save State to save the game.
How To Use RetroArch On An Android?
- Players must download the RetroArch emulator from the Google Play Store.
- Now, players must go to Load Core and Download a Core.
- This will give players different console cores. Players must select the one they want to emulate.
- After this, players must click on Load Content and browse to the folder with their desired game.
- Players can now select the game and start playing it on Android.
This is how players can use RetroArch Emulator on PC and Android. For similar guides, check out Linux: Best Free Android Emulators To Use.