Gaming emulators can allow players to enjoy their favorite games across multiple platforms. RPCS3 is one such emulator that players can use to play PlayStation games on PC. It is a free-to-use, open-source emulator that players can set up without much hassle once they know what to do. In this guide, we will explain how to download and set up RPCS3.
How To Install & Setup RPCS3 To Play PlayStation Games On PC?
Before players do anything, they will have to install the RPCS3 on their PC. This is a simple process that can be completed by following the instructions given below.
How To Install RPCS3 On PC?
- Players must go to the official RPCS3 site and download the PS3 emulator from there.
- Once it is downloaded, players must extract the downloaded files to a folder.
- Once the files have been extracted, players can run the RPCS3 emulator installation.
- Players will have to select the I have read the Quickstart guide option and press Continue to start using the emulator.
Once players have successfully installed RPCS3 emulator, they will need to download and install PlayStation 3 firmware to enjoy PlayStation games on their PC. To do so, players can follow the simple instructions below.
How To Download PS3 Firmware For RPCS3?
- Players must go to the official PlayStation site and download the Ps3 firmware.
- Now, players must place the downloaded file in the same folder as RPCS3.
- After doing this, players must launch RPCS3 and go to the File option.
- Under the File option, players must click on the Install Firmware option.
- Players must now select the downloaded PS3 firmware file to install it.
- After this, players can go to the File option and select Add Games to enjoy the game of their choice. Players will need game ROMs to play games on the RPCS3 emulator. It is illegal to download ROMs for games without purchasing them.
This is how you can play PlayStation games on PC using the RPCS3 PS3 emulator. For more related content, check out How To Use DeSmuME Emulator To Play Nintendo DS Games?