|Aus vs NZ Prediction: Read a detailed analysis of Match between both teams with the help of Statistical Data.|
On 16 October, the 2022 ICC Men’s T20 World Cup will begin in Australia. The first edition of Global Showpiece was held in South Africa in 2007 and was won by India. However, this would be the first time the World Cup has been held in Australia. The competition will be even more exciting with a variety of teams joining the fray and different sets of conditions, which will present players and teams with different challenges. Here we present you Statistical Analysis of the Main Draw Opener between defending Champion Australia and the Runner up from the Last World Cup New Zealand.
Before delving deep, let us analyze Australia and New Zealand Performance historically in the World Cups
Aus vs NZ Prediction: World Cup Performances
|World Cups||Australia||New Zealand|
|2014||Group Stage||Group Stage|
Insights and Observation
- Statistically, Australia’s Percentage of reaching the Semi-Finals in T20 World Cups is 55% which is only lower than Pakistan.
- Kiwis, on the other hand, has made into semi-Finals in 3 out of Seven World Cups held so far.
Aus vs NZ Head-to-Head
- Australia has not lost a T20 match against Kiwis in Australia and two of them has been one sided affair with Aussies winning by 54 runs and Seven Wickets.
Aus vs Nz Prediction: Comparative Analysis and Few Key Stats
- New Zealand has won 3 of the last five T20 matches, but they have failed to beat Pakistan twice in the last three games. New Zealand Average score while batting First has been 172 with a fall of 7 wickets. Devon Convoy is the leading scorer for the New Zealand in the last five matches and has scored 40 or more in three of the last five matches.
- New Zealand has won all the matches while chasing in the last five matches.
- Kiwis Bowling has been decent and they have taken 5 or more wickets in the four out of the last five games with Tim Southee taking two or more wickets three of those games.
- Australia has won two of the last five T20 Matches but have failed to beat England in any match. Lost both match While chasing. Australia while batting First has scored 184 runs with fall of seven wickets. David Warner is the Key Batsman for the Aussie and have two 70 plus score in the last three games.
- Australia have failed to chase 170+ above scores in the last five matches.
- Australia’s bowling has been below par in the last five matches. However, it must be noted that Australia played 3 of the last five games against two of the best batting sides in England and India.
- Mitchell starc has been bowling well for Australia and has taken 7 Wickets in the four matches that he has played.
Note: Warm Up Matches are not taken into Consideration while doing Data Crunching.
Aus Vs New Zealand Prediction: Final Analysis
Trans Tasman Rivalry has been Dominated by Australia in recent years and it is more so in Australia where New Zealand is yet to win any T20 International. That said Both team’s Current form is bit Shaky, Both are coming after String of a losses.
- Win Viz is highly Skewed in favour of Australia on better Head-to-Head and the Performances in ICC Tournaments. However, New Zealand’s best Chance of beating Australia putting runs on the board preferably scoring more than 170.
Catch our Coverage of Fifa World Cup